The Technical Support Specialist provides product and clinical case resolution and excellent customer service to our customers, on Binding Site products in a variety of hospitals and labs across the US, demonstrating product and application knowledge to facilitate resolution of customer issues and concerns. Works closely with Sales, Field personnel, Marketing, Customer Service, and other departments as needed to address customer concerns and to determine corrective action and customer follow-up.
Qualifications & Experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS or BA degree in a biological science.
- 2 years minimum Customer & Technical support experience in the medical device or biotech/life sciences industry required.
- Medical Technologist or clinical lab tech preferred.
- Immunoassay experience preferred.
- Excellent communications skills, verbally, written, virtually and listening.
- Solid organizational & time management skills
- Good follow up and case management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to handle time sensitive projects with short notice.
- Ability to handle complex and sometimes heavy caseloads, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Ability to accept ownership and responsibility for meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office products with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be able to travel on occasion if needed.
What you will be doing….
- Answers and manages customer product inquiries, issues and concerns via phone and email.
- Documents and responds to internal and external customer inquiries, issues, and concerns.
- Follows up and further investigates as needed, any technical issues reported by customers to rectify the situation to the satisfaction of the company and the customer.
- Maintains visibility to escalated customer issues and inquiry cases and ensures regular follow up communication with customer, until a solution is found, and the case can be closed with the customer.
- Participates in customer facing conference calls, providing product and clinical Technical Service expertise.
- Writes customer facing responses.
- Seen as expert on Company products, able to provide customer and employee training as needed.
- Maintains timely, up to date customer communication in database.
- Works closely with Sales, Field personnel, Marketing, Customer Service, and other departments as needed, to address customer concerns and to determine corrective action and customer follow-up, or to provide additional product information or training.
- Maintains and keeps up to date on product knowledge, technical specifications, performance, etc. on all current and future products as they become available.
- Performs laboratory testing as requested by management.
- Provides On-Call support and/or after hours as scheduled.
- Takes assigned projects from initiation to completion.
Salary commensurate with experience
Binding Site provides this position with a competitive total compensation package. We offer a generous medical plan* with a company-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)**. We also offer dental, vision, life, and FSA plans. Our 401(k) benefit has a very generous employer contribution. (It is more than a company match; it is a company contribution.).
We offer a collaborative, inclusive friendly, professional, and fun work culture.
Currently, medical premiums are 100% company paid for employee only
**Currently, HRA is 100% co-funded for both employee and employee plus coverages.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org